THINGS YOU WILL ONLY ENCOUNTER WHILE TRAVELING WITH GREG PFLUG

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Spent the day paddling the Lower Econlockhatchee from the Snow Hill bridge to Highway 46. We only saw one other paddler, a fan boat, and a single flats boat upon reaching the St. Johns River.
It was as perfect as a day could be 68 degrees, sunny, small breeze, and a few great friends paddling beside me. I had Gator in my boat and he was standing in the front the entire time singing and pointing out the alligators, wood storks, great blue heron, and the best beaches to camp on.
We stopped for lunch at a nice beach leading up to a palm and live oak hammock. Gator and I walked around the hammock looking for owls and noticed hundreds of blooming Green Fly Orchids amongst the wilted Resurrection ferns. I have to say it was amazing to see so much colorful life after three freezing cold days and weeks without any rain.
I would have taken and posted "National Geographic" quality photos but my camera took a crapper.

No comments: