THINGS YOU WILL ONLY ENCOUNTER WHILE TRAVELING WITH GREG PFLUG

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I just returned from another week kayaking and exploring the Okefenokee, Cumberland Island, St. Marys, and Crooked River. It was a small but great group of friends from West Virginia.

This is the "biting Tree" located in the Okefenokee on Billy's Lake. The first time I saw it was on a comando night paddle and let me tell you it scared the Pooo out of me when my headlight caught it. I've been told its not reassuring when your guide screams "oh shit"!

Just for the record, only on Adventures In Florida trips are clients encouraged to steal baby alligators from the nest. Usually after happy hour.
Just kidding, we rescued these babies from getting mushed by cars on the road into the swamp.
Ok ,I confess at my church we start with baby alligators before moving on to the large rattlesnakes and grape Kool aid.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

The biting tree :) Its nice tostrt the morning off wit a good laugh. See you tonight.

Jessica said...

"I've been told its not reassuring when your guide screams "oh shit"!"

You're too funny, Greg! Love you!