THINGS YOU WILL ONLY ENCOUNTER WHILE TRAVELING WITH GREG PFLUG

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Last nights camp on Long Cay
I returned from my fifth week long trip to the Exuma Islands in the Bahamas. After so many journeys, nights under the stars, and fish fry's on the beach, it seems like my second home. Fact is I'm already homesick and want to go back.
Spencer Quong preparing cracked lobster
This last trip was a re-union of sorts. Most of the folks that showed up were good friends that I have not seen in a while. It was fantastic to catch up with their lives and hear their stories while paddling calm tropical seas. I also enjoyed showing off the hundreds of Cays that make up the Exuma or Out Islands. Finding a remote, out of the way, unknown area is getting harder each year, when you do find one and get to share it with other folks who love wilderness, well its just magical.
Gail loving life

Yet another reason to love the Exumas

2 comments:

Caribbean Culinary Tours and Vacations said...

My husband would have enjoyed a fishing trip like that. You seems to have a lot of fun and some great catch also. Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Hmm fish ,,its mine HAHAHA