The 26th amendment, granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds, took only9 months and 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it.That was in 1971, before computers, before e-mail, before cell phones, etc.
Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to
become the law of the land, all because of public pressure.
Congressional Reform Act of 2011 (Amendment 28 of the U.S. Constitution)
1. No Tenure and No Pension. A Congressman collects a salary while in officeand receives no pay when they are out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All fundsin the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security systemimmediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congressparticipates the same as all other American people. The Social Security fund may
not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress must purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will riseby the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the
same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/12.The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmenmade all these contracts with and for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor,not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so congressmenshould serve their terms (no more than 2), then go home and find a job. Formercongressmen cannot be lobbyists.
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESSIf you agree with the above, pass it on. If not, pass it on anyway.