THINGS YOU WILL ONLY ENCOUNTER WHILE TRAVELING WITH GREG PFLUG

Thursday, July 07, 2011

For the most part this has been one slow summer season. The great part of my time has been spent finding creative ways (inexpensive) to advertise and sell more Adventures in Florida day trips. I've hooked up with some great vendors and sales platforms, however, paperwork and dealing with a large corporate bureaucracy is not what I do well. Its worse than trying to be patient.
When the paperwork and waiting get to much I drive to Sanford and work on a 1920's era bungalow my brother Roger purchased as an investment  home. I hope to rent it from him while working on it. It sits on the edge of the historic district and all the neighbors I've met so far are original owners and extremely nice. Six mature long leaf pines, one large camphor, 3 laurel oaks, and several crepe mertles sit on the property and the home is encircled with mature azaleas.  I'll post indoor photos soon.
The best part of the home is the location. It is almost exactly half way between the Wekiva River and the Econlockhatchee River. The St Johns river and lake Monroe are in walking distance. I might have to start a full moon paddle on the Lake soon.
Gator just turned 7 this week and Sam turned 9 back in May. They are all boy and nothing but fun to be around. They are way into air-o-soft bb gun wars, fireworks, and anything to do with being in water.
They are living the traditional Florida Cracker childhood. They live on free Publix cookies, boiled peanuts, sweet tea, hose water, and never wear shoes except for a few moments in church.

 I would love to get them on a month long river trip out west this year, however, I will most likely just get two weeks paddling the entire Suwannee with them this year.

No comments: