THINGS YOU WILL ONLY ENCOUNTER WHILE TRAVELING WITH GREG PFLUG

Saturday, April 30, 2011

I got the phone message yesterday that the earth lost one of its great defenders and I lost a dear friend and mentor. Jim Geltz walked a way from a very successful and profitable career to help preserve the last few remaining wild places on the planet. He was from the Pacific Northwest, however, he shared my passion for the swamps, rivers, springs, and keys of Florida. I'm honored to have known him, traveled with him, and call him a close friend.
I'm having a difficult time thinking of him in the past tense and I'm just not ready to say good bye.

Please pray for his surviving family and for God to send the Hundreds of people needed to take up Jim's Champion fight for the environment.
On the Wekiva

Everglades

Exuma Islands

Exuma Islands

Way down upon the Suwanee River

1 comment:

chris said...

Thanks for posting this, Greg. We all feel the loss. He was such a terrific human being.
Regards,
the Boston Buttercups.