THINGS YOU WILL ONLY ENCOUNTER WHILE TRAVELING WITH GREG PFLUG

Wednesday, January 30, 2008








 THE EVERGLADES SQUINT


   Made it home safe with no drama to report. I despise the first phone call in after I've been in the back country for a spell. I'm always worried there will be some terrible event that occured while I was away. Worse would be a preventable accident that I could have helped prevent. It is an incredibly upsetting stress that that can't be avoided as a wilderness guide.
    Drove to Tampa to scope out and paddle the Hillsborough River with Marty and Robert. I picked the short straw and had to run shuttle. Excellent river if your ever in the area. Put in just below the state park and take out at USF's boat ramp. The river has a wonderful swampy mystical feel that takes over you just minutes into the paddle.
   Head back out to the Everglades for a private trip this Saturday. My group will be sea kayaking from Flamingo to Everglades City. Basically island (key) hopping and fishing. Its great sleeping under the stars on a pristine and remote beach. Especially after eating a fresh caught Red Drum that was grilled on driftwood.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

I like the new blog template and especially the Isaiah quote! See you in a few weeks -- we leave Sunday for Florida, with a stop at Graceland on the way.