Today I recieved a phone call from a past participant who wanted me to BLOG some ideas for New Years resolutions. I asked her why, because everyone always resolves the same damn thing every year. "This year I'm really going to loose weight and this year I mean it, "this year I'm getting off the booze", "this is the year I'm finnally going to learn Spanish". It all seems boring and repeatative.
For the record I don't believe I've ever made a New Years resolution. Why should I? I bullshit so much why go so far as to lie to myself?
So for all you folks that need some resolutions for 2008 Here are my suggestions for you:
- Get rid of your television, forever.
- Meet your neighbors, all of them. Know every persons name on your street including the mailman and garbage man. Give
them all hugs.
- Kill some stray cats. Damn things are ruining the natural environment.
- Travel to a place you've never been.
- Vote and don't vote for career politicians, lawyers, or Ivey league grads. Its time working folk run this country.
- Have more sex, don't let being alone be your excuse.
- Take a kid fishing, hunting, birding, hiking, or kayaking. Any kid will do.
- Don't stay in a job you don't enjoy. A large salary, insurance, and benefits are cheap substitutes for real living.