THINGS YOU WILL ONLY ENCOUNTER WHILE TRAVELING WITH GREG PFLUG

Tuesday, October 31, 2006



What a great day. Slept in till 6am, finished three cups of coffee on the front porch before the first kid woke up, then hit Home Depot before the angry mob of hung over handy men decended upon it. Made some serious headway on the new kitchen and had a "only with Quock" experience befor lunch.
Around one o clock Quock got a call and when he hung up he yelled at me to "get a gun and meet me at my Jeep". I thought "sweet, swinging tile sucks compared to shooting guns". When I got to the Jeep Quock told me to take the Anti-aircraft rifle back home and to fetch a pellet gun. Dissapointed, I replaced the 30-06 with my neighbors pellet gun. Quock sensed my dissapointment, put his hand on my shoulder and said "Lets go havesome serious fun."With a damn pellet gun?" I said.
Come to find out one of Quock's best customers got a squirel in her house and no matter what she tried to do the squirel wouldn't leave. When we got to the CASTLE the homeowner looked at us and said "Quock, you brought a gun?" Quock just said "no, I brought GREG and a gun." After locating the squirel in the living room on top of a curtain rod we came to the conclusion that If I missed or if the pellet bounced off a wall, we couldn't afford to replace anything in the house no matter how much money we could make in a lifetime. Then we thought if I head shot it, blood would get on the 30' high curtains and it would cost a months salary to get them dry cleaned. I suggested shooting it in the rear flanks to stun it and make it fall to the ground where Quock could discreatly smoosh the critter under his boot (tile floors). I drew a bead on the varmit and I heard a ladys voice from behind me say "I don't care if you get bllod on the curtains, just kill it!" I looked at Quock, he was smileing the BIG SMILE, I eased the trigger back, squirel hit the floor leaving a thirty foot drag mark of blood down the wall and the back of the curtain. The homeowner exclaimed "nice shot!" Quock spoke for me and replied "everyone has their talents. Its good Greg realized his at an early age, and that we are great friends." She paid us both fifty bucks and we didn't even have to scrub blood off the walls.
The only downer to the whole story is the homeowner wouldn't let me take any photos inside her home. Sorry.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Greg, you have a gift with words. You need to write a book!

Kimberly said...

Remember the rebar and the rabbit in the backyard of Cornish Ct? You were drunk too! That's what amazed me!

I still have "baby" my 3 month old squirrel who has decided he DOESN'T want to be free! We tried to release him, but he was chasing kids, trying to get on them to get up on their shoulder. FREAKED EVERYONE OUT!

Roger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roger said...

Greg's does have a gift for words, but you should see him in action killing things, its like watching an artist at work.